I spent the day researching and brainstorming what I can do for my almost 2-year-old’s pitiful little pollution cough here in Mumbai. Here’s my working list.
- Make a visit to Salt Escape, which is way in the south of Mumbai but has a children’s room for salt therapy. Update – this happened! Read about it here.
- Clean the curtains! To reduce dust in her bedroom. Doing it this weekend. Also – wash all the stuffed animals.
- Diffuse essential oils. I have a “Breathe” blend by doterra that I haven’t been using. We’re going to diffuse for half an hour before her nap and bedtime.
- Herbal compress bib. We have this bib from Omved which I forgot about … will try to get Rumi to use it although I must say she is vehemently opposed to the idea!
- Mustard Seed Pillow. Speaking of Omved, I may order this pillow. Feel like it’s a bit of a long shot.
- Homeopathic. I am trying to pull some strings so that I don’t have to wait months to see Dr. Sankaran. Wish me luck.
- Epsom salt baths.
- Clean/ change the filter on our air purifier and A/C. UPDATE: we upgraded our air purifiers. You can read about it here: Getting Air Purifiers in Mumbai.
- Chamomile tea. I have never given to Rumi before. Let’s see.
- Hypoallergenic mattress cover.
- We also use the Chestal homeopathic cough syrup from the US.
Some more ideas that have come through from friends:
- Ginger water with honey once a day
- Spoon of honey with turmeric daily
- Warm ghee on the chest and back
- Wash or get rid of all the stuffed animals that collect dust
- Paste of honey, turmeric, ghee and pinch of salt. Have baby lick it 3x/ day.
- Mixture of onion juice and sugar (?!)
- Honey wrap – a paste of honey, coconut oil and flour. Apply to chest for 2-3 hours (using napkin and medical tape).
That’s all I’ve got for now! Open to more suggestions!