Hi all – I’m doing a 21 Day Detox on September 25. Lots of you are asking for the details so here they are!
Why am I cleansing, short answer:
I have been pregnant or breastfeeding since 2013!! Now that I am neither … it’s time for a detox!
Why I am cleansing, long answer:
- I don’t wake up easily in the morning and I lie down when my kids nap. I want more energy.
- When we moved to India, I got overwhelmed and lowered my standards around food, big time. This is a way for me to take back control – for me and my family.
- I am a healthy eater AND I like my treats. Chocolate, croissants, biscuits, cookies. I’m kind of excited and terrified to cut all of that out for 21 days and see what happens.
- I have seen several friends go through this detox and they have had a profound emotional and physical experience. They talk about a real shift around emotional eating. As someone who LOVES my late night snacks, it’s both scary and intriguing.
- As a health coach, I want to set a good example for my challengers, and demonstrate for them what’s possible.
- I’m pretty happy in my body, my size, how my clothes fit. My skin is pretty clear. I know I’ll have shifts with losing weight and my skin getting more clear, but that’s not my biggest pain point. My I definitely have some tummy mushiness from having 2 babies in 2 years and from my c-section. I’ve held on to some extra weight through breastfeeding. So I’m kind of curious to see what my body wants to release. My weight is 137 and I know the cleanse will bring me into the low 130s or the 120s where I haven’t been since high school.
- I’ve worked with a holistic doctor for 5 years, and I have respect for supporting the liver, gallbladder, colon and digestive system through gentle detox. Sorry to say, but the air and everything in India is pretty toxic so I want to support my body’s detoxification system.
- I want to see how good I can feel completely off of sugar and caffeine.
- I get really grumpy in the afternoons as the frustrations of the day and the heat in India start to accumulate. I am too shrill and anxious. I want to lighten up … physically, mentally, emotionally. I think this will be an “enlightening” experience.
- I want my husband to see my results and then do this himself as he has put on some extra weight since our move.
- As a health coach, I want to understand the detox inside and out so I can support more people with it.
Why I am cleansing, vulnerable answer:
I was scrolling facebook one day and saw this chart and it stopped me in my tracks. I realized that ever since moving to India, I have spent way too much time in the 6-10 range, and that is not me. I don’t know if it’s the heat, the environmental toxins, air quality, 2 young kids. I don’t know but it sucks. That’s hard to admit to myself, or you, but it’s the truth. And I’m hoping this fog of fatigue will lift through the Reset experience.
What does the cleanse entail:
It is 21 days of a set regimen of supplements and set meals that you cook yourself. This program gets you IN the kitchen, which I love. No exercise (except light yoga) for the 21 days.
For way more details, this video gives an in-depth overview:
Results from my friends, challengers, teammates who have done this cleanse before …. these are all real-life people I actually know:
“Before the reset, I was very bloated and swollen. In total, I lost 11 pounds, and I would say I have a new relationship with food, and can now eat to fuel my body, instead of just for indulgence. My body has also rejected heavy foods like pastas and tons of bread; it really craves light food like veggies and fruit. I would say the old negative side effect to this was that I did lose some of my ab and arm muscle tone. So now it’s time to tone it up before the wedding!” – Hannah H
“Finished last Monday & I lost 14 lbs & at least 8 1/2 inches. Clothes fit much better & I feel great. I’ll continue the healthy eating habits, drinking jugs of water & focus on toning the flab! Very happy I did this!” – Jennifer S.
“At the halfway mark:
– I didn’t think I could survive without coffee. I drink it black and love everything about it! However, I’m sleeping sooo soundly and waking up on my own, I can’t believe I may be become an herbal tea only drinker.
– So glad I picked the month of May to do this, with 2 kids birthdays, Mothers day, lots of bday parties, baseball games — I’ve already won by not eating all the junk I normally would at these events
– I’m discovering new foods that I like and will be part of the rotation after the reset
– I’ve only lost 3 pounds but I feel lighter, clothes fit better
– I feel so good I want to go for a run (but did yoga instead, which also felt great)
– I’m nervous about it ending. II don’t want to fall back into bad habits / unmindful eating” – Melissa E.
“Just finished week 1 and am down 7.8 lbs and 2 1/2 inches! The weekend was infinitely harder than the week, but I am so glad I stuck it out. Ready to take on week 2!” – Kim
“I’ve lost 9.5 lbs and feel great! No cravings at all and love the food.” – Heather S.
“I have lost 12lbs. I am thrilled with that number. I have also learned that I can do this and eat clean the majority of the time. My husband agrees and he is down 6lbs just with the food. I have one special needs child who is physically disabled. The docs told me recently that he needs to lose 8lbs. Needless to say, he has lost 3lbs since we started and the kids have just incorporated some of this into their diet. We have been checking off the recipes we will just continue on with and I am looking forward to tasting all of week 2 food! What great results!” – Sara S
“Random thoughts: I don’t miss coffee quite as much as I thought I would, and I feel as awake in the morning without it. I DO miss wine almost as much as I thought I would. I only like seaweed as a wrap on my sushi rolls; otherwise, BLECH. A crap-ton of veggies CAN fill you up. Coconut oil is yummy. And finally — I just zipped up a pair of jeans that I could not get on 2 weeks ago!” – Beth C
“8 lbs down in a week? Insanity!” – Jennifer L
“Week 1 done. Loved the food, had a couple amazing nights of sleep (sick kids several nights or I expect I would have had more great nights of rest), wedding rings fit comfortably again, pants fitting better, don’t feel the need to hide (I was staying home a lot because I hated how my bloat made me look and feel), and down 5.2 pounds. Bring on week 2!” – Kristen M
“I feel amazing! Lost 8 pounds total. It helped me break the habits that were making me hold extra weight – namely snacking (even on “healthy” things like dark chocolate) and wine as a default every night.” – Kate M
“It is a lot of yummy food and you won’t feel hungry. It forces you to deal with the emotional eating aspect so it really is an opportunity to grow.” – Joy H
“if I can do it ANYONE can. I barely cook and almost never meal plan and I followed it for the 3 weeks. Looked at it like a challenge. Still use many of the recipes!!” – Meghan U
“Each day is mapped out for you so you don’t have to think. Yes, some dishes are easier than others, but overall, it is doable. You are in the kitchen a bit more than usual, but you don’t have to fit in a workout, too. It is all about slowing down. My husband and I have done it together both times, which also helps. Everyone that I did it with in January/February was working full-time, too. Is it challenging? Sure! But, I have never heard anyone say, man that was a waste of time! You invest so much in it, which makes it easier to stick to it.” – Katie W
Want to join me? How to get started:
Email me! Kerry@kerrybajaj.com or shoot me a message on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kerrybajaj. There are options depending on if you need the basic detox kit, a double kit (if you are a doing with a partner or a friend there is a big price break), or if you want a 25% wholesale discounted price. So best if we check in, talk about your goals, and make sure you get the right kit for you. But just for reference – the complete kit pricing is $199.
Our group is starting on September 18, and some of us will start Sept 25! There are at least THREE coaches in the group who have experience with this detox who will be supporting you, answering questions, cheering you on. And we are REAL people who get caffeine headaches too, we’re all in this together.
Lots of love,