I pulled together a list of healthy travel snacks that you can pack when you hit the road this summer. I am particularly in love with the Emmy’s macaroons, mint chip flavor. A little planning goes a long way … enjoy!
- Mary’s Gone Crackers, gluten-free crackers
- Mixed raw almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and goji berries. Trader Joe’s has individual servings of mixed nuts, or you can make your own using small ziplocs. Remember a serving of nuts is 1 ounce, or about the size of a shot glass.
- Apple with 1 tablespoon Justin’s Almond Butter (they come in handy individual packets)
- Emmy’s Organic Macaroons, yum!
- Wei of Chocolate, dairy-free dark chocolates
- A Sustain, Recharge or Greens shake from Be Well by Dr. Frank Lipman, soo good (these all taste great with coconut water or almond milk)
- Canned wild salmon with gluten-free crackers
- Bars: Lara, Kind or Anti-Aging Whole Foods bar are good in a pinch
- Fruit: apple, pear, banana or an avocado
- Carrot and cucumber sticks with hummus
- Pack some tea bags and stevia packets too!
What’s your favorite snack for travel? Please share, I always love getting new ideas!