This holiday season I’ve been baking up a storm! I’ve had a lot of success using almond flour as a gluten-free flour substitute. I brought these cookies to work and they were happily gobbled up. I worked off of this recipe on elanaspantry.com.
– 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/4 cups almond flour (I get from Trader Joes)
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 cup walnuts (I smushed under a glass jar to get small pieces)
– 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
– 1/4 cup dried cranberries
– About 2 tbps dark chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the oil, honey and vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into wet.
4. Form the dough into 1 inch balls and flatten onto baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
This cookie dough can be kind of crumbly so you may want to refridgerate the dough for 20 minutes before putting in the oven.
I support many people with switching to a gluten-free diet, and having some recipes like this up your sleeve makes life so easy. You can bring these to parties, keep them in the freezer as a snack, and you never have to feel deprived.
Enjoy the gluten-free goodness!